Kim Seelbrede, LCSW is a licensed Psychotherapist, Coach and Consultant with extensive post-graduate training and experience. Her New York City therapy and consultation practice is devoted to helping clients find their strengths and manage their feelings, thoughts, relationships, and professional lives. As an integrative psychotherapist, she is trained to use a variety of techniques during coaching, psychotherapy and EMDR therapy sessions. Her supportive, intuitive and flexible style helps her clients increase their self-esteem, establish life goals, improve relationship dysfunction, resolve trauma and blocks and create a healthier work/life balance. Kim Seelbrede works with individuals, couples, adolescents and families using traditional psychotherapy, EMDR Therapy or from a life-coaching model for high-functioning individuals who are interested in goal attainment. Her integrative philosophy and approach with her clients is a result of having trained with outstanding experts in the fields of traditional and cutting-edge western psychology and eastern mind-body medicine. She also provides traditional psychotherapy once or twice weekly with clients who are interested in this approach to emotional issues, problem dynamics and blocks. Kim Seelbrede engages clients with collaboration, insight, curiosity, sensitivity, solution and change-oriented approaches, and often, a healthy dose of humor.
A former Miss USA, Kim Seelbrede understands the unique challenges, demands and struggles of celebrities and talented individuals and has a special understanding of high-profile clients and celebrity mental health. Her own personal life experiences and unique training enables her to provide the mentoring, support and guidance that clients benefit from the most. She also welcomes individuals who could simply benefit from ongoing support or mentoring. As a consultant and coach Kim Seelbrede works with individuals and companies on issues related to stress management, communication and relationships.She sees therapy clients in her Manhattan office and consultation and coaching clients in-person or online via Skype or VSee.
What I Do
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- EMDR Therapy, Brainspotting
- CBT, DBT Skills, Crisis Counseling
- Couples, Pre-Marital, Marriage
- Distance + Online Therapy
- Personal Coaching, Self-Care, Health
- Executive Coaching + Peak Performance
- Chronic Pain + Illness Support
- Relationship, Divorce + Dating
- Anxiety Coaching
- Public Speaking
- Guided Imagery, Self-Care Workshops
- Stress Reduction Intensives
- Mindfulness Workshops
- Corporate Stress + Wellness
- Celebrity mental health expert
- Trauma - Sexual, physical and verbal abuse, repeating family dynamics, violence, witnessing or involvement in crime, catastrophic events, rape, accidents
- Sexual Disorders - Difficulty during any stage of the sexual act (desire, arousal, orgasm, resolution) that prevents or limits the enjoyment of healthy sexual activity, either alone or in the context of relationships
- Creativity and Success - Blocks in writing, creating and producing, repetitive patterns of self-sabotage and self-defeating patterns, perfectionism, fear of failure, fear of success, neurotic undoing
- Communication Difficulties and Relationship Problems - Difficulties identifying and expressing emotions and feelings, feeling victimized, attacked and blamed, defensiveness, problems listening or understanding another, feeling easily angered and triggered, frustrations due to not feeling heard or seen, violent or destructive communication patterns, problems with intimacy or maintaining relationships, adult children of alcoholics, family of origin problems
- Postpartum, Parenting Issues, Family Problems and Crisis Counseling - Feeling easily frustrated, alone or isolated, overwhelmed and confused, difficulties communicating feelings and needs, exhaustion, helping a loved-one get sober, mental health issues affecting family member
- Anxiety - Panic attacks, fear, excessive worry, phobias, obsessive-compulsive behaviors
- Depression - Major Depression, Dysthymia, Bipolar Disorder, sadness, irritability, social withdrawal, hopelessness, sleep disturbances, guilt, lack of desire, poor concentration.
- Eating Disorders - Compulsion to eat or not eat as well as other disturbances in body image and thoughts, beliefs and behaviors affecting physical and mental health.
- Addictions - Destructive coping skills and compulsions to engage in specific activities despite negative consequences to one’s health, mental state, career, family and social life as well as co-occurring or underlying mental health problems such as ADD, anxiety, trauma and depression that may have led to the reliance on substances or problem behaviors
- Recovery - Support for individuals in all stages of recovery from addictions, alcohol, eating disorders, anxiety, depression and trauma (pre-rehab, post-rehab or residential step-down support), wellness planning, practicing new habits, maintenance and self-care
- Life Changes - Transitions in the life cycle that cause emotional, psychological and physical challenges (new relationships, marriage, birth of a child, aging, ending relationships, separation, divorce, career or job struggles, death of loved one, becoming sober or challenges to maintaing sobriety